THIRD CIRCUIT COURT DENIES MUMIA A NEW TRIAL AND GRANTS RE-SENTENCING HEARING!
ALL OUT IN PHILLY ON APRIL 19!
BUY YOUR BUS TICKETS NOW!
Have your Organization ENDORSE this demo!
Email email@example.com or call (212)330-8029
- Download the Flyer
MUMIA'S CURRENT LEGAL STATUS NOW LEAVES HIM WITH EITHER AN EXECUTION OR LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE! Federal Court has ruled to uphold Mumia's conviction while granting a re-sentencing hearing. Though Mumia's attorneys are appealing, Mumia is currently bound to either an execution or permanent life in prison.
- READ THE RULING HERE
- READ LINN WASHINGTON'S "THIS IS NO VICTORY" ANALYSIS
-READ UPDATE FROM MUMIA'S LAWYER
- LISTEN TO INTERVIEW WITH MUMIA
- Statement from Pam Africa here
Read an article by David Lindorff
- Read a response from German Author Michael Schiffman
There will also be International demonstrations:
There will be a demonstration on the 19th, more details to come
Vienna / Austria
The Committee In Solidartity with Mumia Abu-Jamal organizes in common with Der Neue Kurs a rally, demonstration and Solidarity meeting
Saturday April 19th 2008 2 pm
Mariahilferstraße / Stiftstraße
4 pm Demonstration to the US-Embassy
Meeting with representatives of the embassy to present a resolution against the racist trial and strongly limited rights for the defense
7 pm Solidarity-meeting Free Mumia!
* a representative of the "Mumia Free Committee" (Albany/USA)
* Karl Fischbacher (Committee In Solidartity with Mumia Abu-Jamal<)
* A representative of Der Neue Kurs Germany
download a German flyer
Protests and press conferences were held in NYC and Califronia on March 28 --- Download the Press Release